Welcome to a day full of research (and cake) at Sahlgrenska University Hospital!
Since MedTech West opened it´s doors at Sahlgrenska University Hospital ten years ago a lot have happened.
There was a need for an actor who could focuse on making it easier and faster to start and run innovation projects within the field of medical technology in the region of Västra Götaland.
The founders; three well-known Professors from Chalmers University of Technology and Sahlgrenska University Hospital/ Sahlgrenska Academy, experienced that very clearly in their own work and decided to do something about it. They founded MedTech West, owned by the Region of Västra Götaland, Chalmers, University of Gothenburg, and the University of Borås.
MedTech West is a network and a research platform for collaborations between technical researchers and medical experts. Our aim is to improve healthcare and patient benefit by increasing the number of medtech research projects and the quality of the outcome. This would of course be impossible without the fantastic researchers, which is why we want you to meet some of them! Ten researchers will give short speeches during the day, and outside in the lobby researchers and companies will demonstrate their new innovations to you. You can come by for a short while or for the full time- either way is great!
We are happy to present:
* Medfield Diagnostics demonstrates their portable microwave based brain-screening device MD100 (11:00-12:30)
* Ten Medical Design (10MD) shows their radiation protection clothing for healthcare professionals made of the new, innovative textile material TeXray
* Integrum demonstrates Neuromotus- a new innovative technology used for therapy to reduce phantom limb pain after an amputation
* Detecht demonstrates their crash detection app for motorcyclists
* Simon Skau from University of Gothenburg demonstrates fNIRS- harmless infrared light used to investigate activity in the brain (12:30-14:00)
* Moa Andresen Bergström from Avdelningen för Klinisk Kemi, Sahlgrenska University Hospital shows a new drug test based on saliva which was financed by Medtech4Health
* Rickard Åström demonstrates his heart app ‘musicformoods’ based on ongoing research together with the Sahlgrenska Academy (13:30-14:00)
Preliminary program in Hjärtat:
11:00-11:10 Henrik Mindedal, Director of MedTech West
11:15-11:35 Andreas Fhager, Chalmers
11:40-12:00 Stefan Candefjord, Chalmers, & Rubén Buendía, Astra Zeneca
12:05-12:15 Rolf Heckemann, University of Gothenburg
12:20-12:30 Michael Schöll, University of Gothenburg
12:35-12:45 Fredrik Kahl, Chalmers
12:50-13:00 Leif Sandsjö, University of Borås
13:05-13:15 Sabine Reinfeldt, Chalmers
13:35-13:45 Mikael Elam, Sahlgrenska University Hospital/ Sahlgrenska Academy – About MEG
13:50-14:00 Rickard Åström, professional musician whose heart app is based on ongoing research at the Sahlgrenska Academy
14:00-14:05 Henrik Mindedal ends the day
(Note that the program can be changed)
When? 11:00 – 14:05 on 24 October, 2019
Where? Hjärtats Aula, Vita stråket 12, Sahlgrenska University Hospital
There will be cake and tea/coffee! Let us know that you´re coming at the latest at 12:00 on 21 October.